- Develop a few sample questions that you may be asked and consider your responses. Prepare answers to standard interview questions.
- Be familiar with the responsibilities and requirements of the position. Research the organization and determine how you could make a contribution to the company.
- Review your resume. Emphasize accomplishments to illustrate your strengths.
Inform your references that they may be called and make sure that they will actually give you a good reference.
- Dress professionally.
- Arrive 15 minutes before your scheduled interview. Punctuality is important!
- Always bring extra copies of your resume.
- At your first interview, ask open-ended questions that create a two-way dialogue.
- Do not discuss personal, family, or financial problems.
- Act interested, be flexible, candid, and straightforward. Keep good eye contact; this
- Never say anything negative about a former/current employer or co-worker.